Sunday, 20 July 2014

Words Matter.

So, I've been spending a lot of time not knowing how to approach making myself stand out within the advertising industry as I'm a recent graduate with no actual experience. My answer was to make it as unique and personal as possible. My dream job is to be a copywriter. Which requires me to be able to tell a story. And what better way to do this than with the reason I'm in love with words?

"I asked myself “What made me completely fall in love with words and how they affect situations?” My answer? Taylor Swift.
Let me explain:
To some people, Taylor Swift is nothing more than a singer who has a few hits on the radio every so often.
To others, Taylor Swift is “mentally stuck in middle school” because she writes songs about her feelings; especially those to do with love and heart break.
And to the others, Taylor Swift is an inspiration. Maybe because of her personality. Maybe her songs. Or maybe how she’s helped them through tough times.
To me, Taylor Swift helped me fall in love with words. I find the way she addresses crowds, writes song lyrics or answers interview questions inspiring. I’ve always loved reading; everything from the hugely popular Harry Potter to Behind the Beautiful Forevers. However, Taylor’s words have meaning and genuinely help people (just ask the majority of her 42m+ followers on Twitter and the 67m+ likes on Facebook).
Words matter. Whether they’re spoken or written on paper, they affect how people perceive everything they’re in contact with. They create associations. Jaguar is fast, elegant and powerful. Coca Cola is brilliant for sharing.
And in your mind I’m an obsessed Taylor Swift fan. Right?

Maybe so. But she’s the reason I believe in words what hugely positive effects they can have on brands."


No comments:

Post a Comment