So, I'm guessing as a lot of you know, Ed Sheeran's album 'X' (Multiply) was released today(!!!!!)
Tracklist:
- One
- I'm a Mess
- Sing
- Don't
- Nina
- Photograph
- Bloodstream
- Tenerife Sea
- Runaway
- The Man
- Thinking Out Loud
- Afire Love
So, hears a brief outline of my first reactions to each of the songs:
'One' seems like a song which I will never ever get bored of.
'I'm a Mess' - "Easy, baby, maybe I'm alive" is such a simple line, yet, it was the first lyric to fully catch my attention. This song is just full of lyrical brilliance.
Upon hearing the first single 'Sing' a couple of months ago, I really didn't like it. However, after hearing it a few times it began to grow on me, and became a song that I had stuck in my head for days. (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtlYcUqEPN58%26feature%3Dkp&ei=wqCoU9iwJ4vy7AaVuoDQCA&usg=AFQjCNE5NxXcYtQlpB1jvJI0xCXpssTolw&sig2=006RXyY0_DbnckeIhoGgjw&bvm=bv.69411363,d.ZGU)
'One' seems like a song which I will never ever get bored of.
'I'm a Mess' - "Easy, baby, maybe I'm alive" is such a simple line, yet, it was the first lyric to fully catch my attention. This song is just full of lyrical brilliance.
Upon hearing the first single 'Sing' a couple of months ago, I really didn't like it. However, after hearing it a few times it began to grow on me, and became a song that I had stuck in my head for days. (https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CCUQyCkwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DtlYcUqEPN58%26feature%3Dkp&ei=wqCoU9iwJ4vy7AaVuoDQCA&usg=AFQjCNE5NxXcYtQlpB1jvJI0xCXpssTolw&sig2=006RXyY0_DbnckeIhoGgjw&bvm=bv.69411363,d.ZGU)
Later, Ed played 'Don't' on the USA's SNL, and immediately I fell in love with it. After listening to the whole album, it's still one of my favourite songs on there.
All I keep thinking about after listening to 'Nina' is "oh, Nina". It's weirdly and frustratingly catchy.
All I keep thinking about after listening to 'Nina' is "oh, Nina". It's weirdly and frustratingly catchy.
'Photograph' is another one of my favourites on the album.
'Bloodstream' was the first song on the album that I didn't enjoy too much.
While Ed played shows around the states, he played 'Tenerife Sea' in Madison Square Garden. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_Hqn2uJALk&noredirect=1) Immediately there was speculation that the lyrics were referring to Taylor Swift. At the end of the song the lyrics say "and the moment I knew you better", which could easily be referring to the Sweeran duet 'Everything Has Changed'. He later denied this was true. This song is another favourite of mine.
'Runaway' is another lyrically brilliant song, even if it does start rather slowly. It took me a minute or so to actually get into it.
'The Man' - I really don't like rap. And I think that sums up my feelings of this song... After scrolling through this song to see if there was singing in there, I found the chorus. Which I liked. But not enough to deal with the rest of the song just to listen to it
'Thinking Out Loud' - I love love love love this song. It's overall just brilliant.
'Afire Love' is another of my favourites on this album. It's also another lyrically brilliant song.
Buy Ed's album from:
- Amazon (£11) - http://www.amazon.co.uk/x-multiply-Ed-Sheeran/dp/B00JKGYV6E/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1403560205&sr=8-1&keywords=ed+sheeran+x
- EdSheeran.co.uk (Prices Vary) - http://www.edsheeran.com/splash/multiply
- iTunes (£10.99) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album/x-deluxe-edition/id858517827
- iTunes (£8.99) - https://itunes.apple.com/gb/album//id858518077

No comments:
Post a Comment